Saturday, October 1, 2011

Well, you have to start somewhere...

Change & new beginnings scare me.  Knowing that about myself, it's hard to believe but I'm so incredibly excited about finally getting the chance to start this blog.  When I had the crazy idea to start Peak Sport Solutions last winter I really didn't think that I'd get anywhere with it.  I mean, we live in the middle of nowhere upstate NY so would the idea of sport event planning & race timing be something anyone would be interested in?  Well it turns out that yup, people do like us!  Peak Sport Solutions had an incredibly successful summer, we produced a youth triathlon, 3 5K races & timed 2 races for other race directors.  We have a busy fall planned & we're already starting to plan a 2012 race calendar with over 20 events.

I've met so many awesome people over the summer, some who've been running all their lives, some that just started running & some that want to start running but aren't sure how.  I've seen people PR this summer,  people complete their first 5K in happy tears & people run more than a mile for the first time in their lives.  The running community is such an incredibly supportive group of people and that is the most touching piece of humanity I've seen in a while.  Which leads me to why I'm so psyched about this blog & starting PeakFit @ Peak Sport Solutions...I finally have a way to give back to the community that's given me so much.  PeakFit is my way to help people learn to love running as much as I do & do it the right way, hopefully without injury.  Living a healthy life everyday is another big part of how I want to help others through fitness, nutrition & education.  I'm not an elite athlete by any means, my fitness journey is on going too.  I want to share with everyone things help with motivation & ideas to make daily health & fitness a little bit easier for me & you too!

So welcome to PeakFit...looking forward to a healthy journey together! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Josie,
    Congrats on getting the blog up! I'm excited for you, and you have no idea how nice it is to have a resource like you in the north country. We are so limited where we are (like you said). Looking forward to more posts. I know when it comes to a healthy lifestyle I can use some help and motivation! Again congratulations, it's so great what you guys are doing and so great for the community!!

    ReplyDelete