Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Suck it Up, Buttercup!



Suck it up.  Yup, I keep telling myself that today since I keep trying to throw myself a world class pity party, complete with black balloons and sad clowns.  I'm usually one of the most optimistic people that I know.  I know this because I can completely annoy roomfuls of people with my ability to find the silver lining in every situation.  

Last night I found out that I have to get my gallbladder removed.  I'm having a hard time focusing on the good stuff since said gallbladder removal means that I'm going to be missing my most favorite race of the year...the race I've been planning on shattering my previous 10K PR on...the race that all my really cool friends are going to be taking part in without me.     

So what I've decided to do instead of complaining for an entire blog is share with everyone 5 of my favorite things about today:

1.  Honeycrisp Apples - these little babies are THE BEST apples of all time! I compulsively eat at least one a day this time of year.  Not only are they the sweetest & crunchiest, they are incredibly filling for an afternoon snack!

 2.  Ice Arenas - in addition to all the other exciting things I'm involved in, I work at a municipal ice arena too.  This week the maintenance staff is putting in the ice for the year.  I've watched them put it in for several years but I find myself fascinated every time it happens.  Very cool stuff!  Plus hockey season starts in a week & you better believe I'm a proud hockey mom!

3.  Twitter - I don't know why it took me so long to get on board with this fabulous social media tool!  I'm a major Facebook addict but never had the urge to check out Twitter until last week.  But I'm so glad I did!  Where else in the world is Bart freaking Yasso and the NYC ING Marathon going to follow ME??  Plus Sarah from Run Like a Mother actually commented to me too! Yes I know I sound like a star struck geek but I am loving this stuff!

4.  PlanetGear.com - my new weekly shopping fix! This is an incredible shopping site that partners with major retailers to sell outdoor gear & travel at huge discounts.  You do have to sign up but it's free so why not?  Plus they give back money to all kinds of awesome causes, this week is $1 to the Susan G Komen Foundation for every like on Facebook & every new Planet Gear member.     

5.  My awesome family & friends - it's amazing how you take people for granted until you really need help.  Hopefully if you're lucky (like me) when crazy stupid stuff happens in your life (gallbladder, I'm talking to you!), you have a great support system of people who love you & who will help you out any way they can.  Appreciate these people!  I know I do! 

Whew, that actually made me feel much better.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment