Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Treadmill walking is a start!

This has been a long week already and it's only Wednesday.  Yesterday morning I woke up and felt like myself again.  And it felt really good.  Except my body is not used to sitting around the house, it's used to going constantly, working, chasing kids and running on a daily basis.
You get to see all kinds of pretty things when you're forced to relax!
So once the haze of the anesthesia wore off and I was able to get a couple good nights of sleep, I suddenly had more energy than I've had in months.  I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin.  It actually felt a lot like tapering so I'm calling it "post surgery tapering".

Since I can't run and I can't sit still, I decided to compromise.  I walked.  I went down to my trusty treadmill in the basement and walked for an hour while I watched the Biggest Loser.  And I only covered 3 miles in an hour.  20 minutes per mile.  But I did it!  Less than a week post surgery, I walked 3 miles.  Pretty psyched about that!

I also started using Daily Mile last night.  I know, I must live under a rock since I hadn't heard of Daily Mile until I started using Twitter.  I love using MapMyRun but I really like the social media aspect of Daily Mile. I figured it was a good time to start since I'm truly back at the beginning of my training.  I'm very excited to see the progress I'm going to make over the winter while I'm base building so I can race stronger than ever next year.

And fittingly enough, I just found out that today, October 19th, is National Love Your Body Day!  I absolutely love this!  Although I believe EVERYDAY should be a love your body day!  Love it, respect it, feed it, work on it and don't forget it's the only one you've got!  You and your body have to work together for a very long time.  Make it the healthiest body you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment