Sunday, November 20, 2011

HBBC Day #2

I've decided that I'm going to try my absolute best to post daily updates about my progress on the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge.

This will make me WAY more accountable, right?

I think so!!

It must be true because I feel so incredibly guilty about not running today.  I'd been fighting off the plague that infected my house over the last couple of weeks but after my race yesterday my immune system must have breathed a sigh of relief and said "game over!!"

This evening I feel totally yucky, scratchy throat, post nasal drippy-ness, dry cough, generally feeling like poo.  So I decided that because I'm not feeling well and since I was so happy with the way my race went yesterday I felt I deserved a rest day.  Yeah, I'm still trying to convince myself too!

But there is another way to get points...7 or more servings of fruit or vegetables per day = 1 extra point!

1 extra point doesn't sound like much but over the entire contest it can add up to potentially 48 more points which is huge.

So here's how I earned my point today:

2 really huge salads - one for lunch & one for dinner!
   Including 3 cups of leafy greens (3 servings), 2 large tomatoes (2 servings), 1/2 cup of cucumber (1      serving)

1 large MacIntosh apple (1 serving)

3/4 cup of V8 Vegetable Juice (1 Serving)

Which actually is a total of 8 servings...and point earned! :)

Hopefully after a good night's sleep I'll get back to racking up the miles tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment