Sunday, November 27, 2011

Game ON - HBBC Day # 8

I have been off to a horrible start with the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge because of a nasty chest cold that I've had for the last week.

Actually I think I've been sick for 2 weeks but since I had a race to run last Saturday I was in total denial of my illness for the entire first week.  Once the race was over, however, there was no denying that I was fighting some nasty germs.

Because I was so determined to feel better, I did get my 7+ servings of fruits and veggies on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of last week so I earned a few points.  Once Thanksgiving and weekend hit the fruit/veggie consumption went downhill fast.

So today was my first run in over a week.  The other thing that bummed me out about being sick is that my family purchased a new fancy pants treadmill over a week ago and prior to tonight my husband and son were the only ones lucky enough to use it.  It is a Nordictrack C900 with LiveFit and I LOVE IT!!
Isn't the digital screen beautiful? I think so!!
I ran 4 miles tonight in 43 minutes, 43 seconds.  I felt incredibly happy to run and I'm pretty sure my lungs will thank me in the long run.

I'll get back into my fruit/veggie tallying tomorrow and I'm hoping to get 3 miles in tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. ohh i like the fancy pants mill!! glad you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete