Friday, November 18, 2011

Finally...Racing Tomorrow!!

So glad it's Friday and I'm looking forward tomorrow more than I've been excited about a Saturday in a long time.  And there's two reasons for that:

1.  I'm FINALLY racing tomorrow!!!  Between the time I've devoted to Peak Sport Solutions & my illness/surgery, I haven't raced since the end of July.  Which has killed me.  I've been so happy to hear about and talk about and be excited about everyone else in my life that has been racing but (not so) secretly I've been incredibly jealous too.  

So the Hobble Gobble is tomorrow morning.  It's a local race held in W Potsdam, NY and this year, for the first time ever, they've capped the event at 630(ish) registrations and it sold out.  This is a huge number for a local race around here.  The coolest part about this race is that it's a prediction run.  For those of you who've never ran a prediction run that means you don't find out the exact race distance until you get there and then have to predict the time you'll finish. And to win the race you don't finish first, but finish closest to the time you've predicted. 

The short course is 4 miles or less, the long course is 7 miles or less.  After much mental debate, I've decided to do the short course.  I know I'm not ready to race the longer distance and feel good about my finish but it took some time to convince myself that because I really, really wanted to race the longer course.  At this point, one month post surgery, I'm just happy to be racing at all.

With a weather forecast of 51 degrees and sunny, plus tons of my favorite friends coming out to run, tomorrow will be so. much. fun.

2.  I had totally forgotten until I read my email last night but...the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge starts tomorrow too!!
Amanda from Run to the Finish has created this incredible online challenge to keep us working on our healthy habits throughout the entire holiday season.  The average American gains and maintains 5lbs every holiday season...and I'm not going to be one of them this year!  The basic rules are that you get points for the ways you're active each day, keep track of them honestly on the master spreadsheet and you can stay healthy and happy through the holidays as well as compete with other people to win some pretty awesome prizes.  Amanda is taking late sign ups here if you're interested in getting involved.  But I warn you, I'm feeling pretty competitive...so bring it on!!

Hope everyone's Friday is fantastic!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment